Wednesday, March 5, 2008

A Lesson Learnt

One night, a girl, came before the Lord.
She looked at Him with blankness in her eyes. Slowly, she took a seat beside the Lord, leaving some gap in between, for after all that had happened to her, she found herself unable to face the Lord as easy as before.

With downcast eyes, she asked the Lord coldly “What do you want from me? Why do you have to do this to me?”
The Lord looked at her with compassion in His eyes, but she remained in her position.
“This is not fair, God, I mean, why do I always have to be the one torn in pieces? I mean, I know You are good and you meant to teach me something out of this, but….why it has to be this way? Must it always be the hard way?” she asked weakly, almost to tears. “I don’t think I can do it God.”
“Yes you can” The Lord replied gently “I never assigned anything beyond your ability. You just need sometime to overcome it, and as you try your best to do it, I will provide a way out, so that you can stand up under it.”
“But, I am not as generous as You, as to forgive one so easily.” The girl complaint
“What makes you think it is easy for me to forgive you? Have you not remember that I have feelings too?”
Startled, the girl looked at Him and was ashamed of herself. “I’m sorry” she said in a whisper “I’m sorry for taking advantage of you at times when I made a sin without thinking twice to prevent it. I’m sorry I thought you…” she found herself out of words. She felt guilty now, for all these while she had forgotten about the Lord’s feeling and had took His kindness for granted.
“But…I really meant what I said, when I confessed my sins every night, God.” She said defensively.
“I know, but why did you do it again and again, if you really meant what you said, even after your daily confession?”
The girl was silence, for she found no answer to the Lord’s unexpected questions.
“Well, honestly, I know I can forgive those who had prosecute me…just that, I don’t feel like doing so…I mean…it’s difficult; but, I found myself unable to face you with this feeling of disobedient in me because I know You hate those who disobeyed you…especially those who hate their own brothers…but, I can’t obey You God…not now…I mean…I don’t know, I found myself unable to do it the way You wanted me to.” The girl paused to bit her lips and said with a perplexed look on her face “What should I do God?”
The Lord looked at His creation sadly and said with gentle voice “Just do what you think is best from you and I will guide you along the way.” He then stretched out his hand to pat the girl’s head.
“Thank you God” she said with teary eyes and with her head rested on the Lord’s knee as she knelt before Him. She was so embarrassed for what she had done that she found herself unable to face Him. “I’m sorry. Would you please…forgive me?” she said in a soft whisper in between tears.
The Lord smiled and once again put His almighty hand on her bowing head then said “I forgive you, my child; and remember that the Lord always hears your cry and sorrow. He is filled with compassion to comfort those who need Him. Therefore, don’t You ever walked alone again, for apart of me, you can do nothing.”

1 comment:

~~Marcia~~ said...

ummm....frankly the way it is written is great but the idea of beginning is just not there. or is it just me? :P cuz i dun seem to know what's the problem that the girl have