Saturday, October 8, 2011

Numerical Numbers

I have never like numerical numbers. 
Not only are they confusing to calculate sometimes (when it comes to too many amounts and zeroes), they can be very frightening too. 


Especially the time when we... for the sake of all the convenience, use it invisibly. 
And yes, I am referring to you dear Credit Cards. 


Okay, before I rant on, maybe I should put some of the blame on myself for buying things in a flight of fancy these few days. 
But well, all that items are by ALL means, functional needs. 


Really. 


They are clothes. 
And I need clothes. 
And I need them to revamp myself from my outdated looks. 
:p (opps) 


Well, anyway, back to numbers and my fright night moment with them. 


Yeah, so you know what, I had been, you know, using invisible money for one way or another (and for some time) and, yeah, talking about this, brings me to point no.2 to my own biggest mistakes: 


I forgot to replace my book keeping book. Thus all these money that I had spent, I had not only spent them invisibly, but also blindly. 
With no records whatsoever. 


Therefore, after 3 months of not keeping track with my own financial situation, suddenly yesterday, when I was calculating the amount I spent, TO MY BIGGEST NIGHTMARE, which is even more scary that Elm's Street, I realized that I had spent such a big BOMB that it burnt a big hole in my "pocket" right now. 


And you know what, as I was pressing madly on daddy's calculator   I could feel the mocking smile of the freaking money getting wider and wider!


On the other hand, my heart was growing dimmer and dimmer and almost, broke into a million pieces. But well, since it's only almost, so maybe I should re-phrase the sentence and said that my heart grows dimmer and broke to a painful crack. 


Indeed, yeah, numbers look scary, even when we are not taking mathematic exams. And now I know why my dad is always horrified whenever the mobile phone and other bills showed up at our mailbox. And I also understand why whenever the dollars drop, drop, drop, everyone is so panic. 


Haiz...numbers...although it may look cool on the back of someone, especially when they are worn by some famous people that we love, but still just like mathematics, they make your head ache and your heart twitch once in a while. 


Gotta go, 
the time now is 1:48 a.m. (so past my bedtime) 
and the music of the night is "Master of Puppets" by David Garrett. 


Take Care Now, Bye Bye Then :) 


Love and Peace, 
Yuliana :) 













No comments: