Friday, March 1, 2013

My Friends

A year almost two, since the last time i met up with my friends.
I wonder what had I done throughout these years that had kept us 'falls apart' and un-contactable.
However, I am glad to learn that despite the distance and the time that had kept us apart, more matured, older, probably wiser; we continue to stay who we are.

Been reconnecting myself with old friends, old classmates recently.
And though it had never got me thinking as to why despite the advanced technology, instead of getting closer, sometimes, we are actually getting further (like we are all actually living in the same country, but how long do we oftenly met up? Not much) ; But anyway, the good thing about this is that, though we hardly met and hardly keep in touch, but each time we are meeting, it brings to us a sort of joy and excitement. And most important of all, though many things had happened to us, we continue to stay young at hearts.

And still, the most fun thing to talk about was during school times.

Seeing how everyone we know grow up, got married, expecting, become mother, it just...amazing...and though sometimes just take example myself, when I talked to them about how tiring my working life can be, how irritating things are at times, but when I listened to their part of the stories, and see how they 'wow' at my jobscope, and I 'wow' at theirs; sometimes I think this is what makes life interesting.

I mean, maybe I'm bored at my life and feel so sucks, yet when I see how they responded to it and gave feedbacks, it makes me to feel once again a new strength of optimism and gratefulness. While, I on the other hand, when hearing their part of the story and injected in it some words of admiration and encouragement made them feel glad... I mean just how wonderful that feeling you know... when we though tired as we are, at the end of the day when being encouraged regained in us once again that seemingly fading away confident back.

it just amazing. Amazing. And maybe that is what long-distance friends are for.

As in let's break that words in two.

Long Distance and Friends-- are for.

Long distance, as in separation -- cause me to feel excited though we may have known the person for some time, and yet because of time that had been making us far, it made us feel excited once again when meeting up.

In the past I dislikes separation. It makes me cry. (even now) Things like graduation, stories of separation, death... it just...makes me wish that we can never be apart from the one we love.

But now that I get older, I understand why some people choose to live alone. Why sometimes, separation is good for us. Because, sometimes we just need to spend time alone. Sometimes, unlike children who does not have much things to think/ worry about and happy being together, as adults, sometimes, when we are troubled, we are pissed off, we are too overloaded with one thing or another, we feel that we deserve to be alone. And though nobody leave us we choose to be alienated. Not in a bad way of course.

And it is in that 'loneliness' we learn to recollect ourselves. We relax and do all those things that we like to do, we go about our chores as and when we like and we enjoy our lives.

Friends, on the other hand, i feel is like the sweetest little treats around us that makes our lives even more beautiful as they come and go like a surprise. When they are near, we learn to treasure them. We talk to them, we laugh, we take pictures and do all the silly things together.

But when they are far, unlike a stubborn kid who demands attention all the time, we also learn to respect their own time. We don't bark at them anyhow, we don't get pissed off when they reply our whatsapp messages later than expected and though we are far, we don't be childish/ unreasonable and think that they had forgotten about us. Instead, we just take it flexibly.

I love my friends. And though we don't always meet like how people define BFF, but I love them nonetheless and I think thats what makes our friendship continues despite the distance.

So, to all my friends, far or near! CHEERS TO US Ladies and Gents! We've made it through the storm  (of time and separation) !

Love and Peace,
Me :)








No comments: