Friday, September 27, 2013

Ode to Joy




In the past, when I read the bible about how God emphasized the need for his people, The Israelites to build an altar in their temple place as a holy place, pleasing to the Lord as a form of worship place; I could not help but wonder why is there such a need. I mean, dont get me wrong.

To worship, of course we need to have a place of worship. Thus we have our churches today or Christians all over the world will be like Sheeps without Stable worshipping anyhow. But being a young and ignorant christians then, I really wonder why Moses actually (well under the instruction of God) put such emphasis about building an altar etc. almost throughout the books of Exodus- Leviticus.

My curiosity was finally answered when I received a call for interview almost a week ago after six months of being unemployed, looking for a suitable jobs and made an application under the help of my preacher who introduced me the job, and waited again for another 1 month (after the application) before the company actually replied.

Seriously, after 2 weeks of waiting then, I was beginning to lose hope. I was positive that there will be no need to wait any longer, time to move on, but finally, after a solid 1 month of waiting, TADAAAA!!! there it is! A call for interview.

I WAS OVERJOYED!

I could not stop smiling and I could not help (but managed to resist) the temptation to SHOUT WITH GLEE upon receiving the call for an interview.

For a moment I really feel like building God an altar and present Him with a sacrifice of thanksgiving.

And that was the moment I also realized why the people of Israel emphasized so much about altar. Indeed! Its the dwelling place for God.

Anyway, I went to the interview, so far so good. But there are still 2 more interviews to go before they finally made their decision to accept me or not to be their staffs.

Either way I'm glad that I was given the opportunity to go for an interview and I really hope that I can get a call for the 2nd and 3rd interview. And if I can get through all the interviews, I will be working at Eagles Communication as their Editor for their monthly Christian magazines and  this is going to be my first full time ministry.

Okay,  Thats all,

Take care now. Bye bye then

Me :)

No comments: