Wednesday, February 1, 2012

The joy of Knitting

There is always something to look forward to whenever I went back to Medan.
Either it is about a celebration of some sort, or something to learn about.
And this year, I went back for both.

Not only am I able to spent some Chinese New Year celebration with my maternal family, going around visiting their homes, exchange greetings and blessings for this dragon year, I was also able to learn something that I have been wanting to learn all these while, and which my aunties are very good at---Knitting!

And though I will very much say that I am not a very artistic sort of person, but I do love needle craft, which to some extend is considered as a form of art too, except that it is in a form of fabric, thread and needles instead of paint oil, canvas and brushes. And to my surprise, I'm able to absorb the skills pretty quickly (and of course with the help of a good teacher too,my aunt) that in within 5 days of learning and practicing, now I'm able to knit myself a simple- pattern-shawl (HAPPY!)

Anyway, here is a picture of my first knit, which involves two forms of knitting skills, the knit stitch needle, and purl stitch needle :) Enjoy!













No comments: