Thursday, February 2, 2012

Great Man, You will always be miss

It's going to be five years since the last time you left us.
But everything about you just seems so unforgetable.
And every now and then, we continue to talk about you.
Each time we do, we miss you.

Everytime we are reminded about how, 'empty' the house without you, or how I was reminded of the long alley that lead to the small provision shop behind our house, or the way you greeted us warmly each time we banged on the metal door, how I wish you were still around.

Sometimes, I still wonder why did you left so fast that day.
And though I know the reason why, but, sometimes I wonder if I have not prayed hard enough.
Sincere enough.

It was such a pity that when you were alive, we hardly had a one on one time talk together.
And that time, I hardly went back to see you too.
The next thing I know, I got to wait for a very long time before we finally meet.

I wonder what do you think when you see us from up above?

Have you seen him? Your youngest grand son?

Everybody has grown up and I hope you are proud of us.

Hopefully by the time we meet, you will be able to recognize us still.
And yes, hopefully we will going to meet in the same place.
I'll do my part.

And if you are watching, do help me.

And well, maybe I never said this, and in fact, I can't really write it down here, but all I know the reason why Medan seems so dear to me, though I never really lived there for long, is because you used to be there. And the love and warm welcome that you had given to me had influenced me so much that Jalan Asia has becomes such a memorable place for me.

A place where I can always find myself at home whenever I go back to Medan.

Thank you for your love for us.

Great Man, you will always be miss.

Love and Peace,
Yu

No comments: