Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A Shepherd's Love


Love. It can's be force and that means it is automatic.

One day a sheep sat with his back against the rest of his flock and his shepherd.
From where he stood, The Shepherd could see the little small figure that curled into a ball.
It was not a regular thing that a sheep flee off his flock, yet so close to the pack.

The Shepherd, scanning the entire field with his experienced eyes, and after ensuring that no possible danger nearby, decided to leave the flock to bring the little 'lost' one home.

Little Sheep who sensed the presenced of his shepherd's steps coming closer, began to shift in his seat.
"Why are you here?" The Shepherd asked gently.
Ashamed and guilt striken, Little Sheep covered his face with his forelimb.
Then after a while, he began to sobs.

The Shepherd turning over his shoulder to ensure (once again) that the rest of his sheeps are in good pastures, then sat himself comfortably beside the crying sheep.
Little Sheep waited for his shepherd to say something.
A scolding.
Or a word of discipline.

But the Shepherd said none.

He just sat quitely beside His sheep with his staff in his hand.

Calming himself, Little Sheep dared himself to look at his Shepherd.
"Are you..." he stammered. "Are you not going to scold me?" he asked.

His shepherd, with a gentle smile on his face shook his head. 
"But why not?" Little Sheep asked standing on all four. "But I was tempted. I was lost. I...I stepped out of the flock without permission and got myself poisoned because of the other grass. I...I disobeyed your rules, Master, then...why didnt you scold me?"

The Shepherd, smiling as he listened to his sheep's explanation nodded in agreement.
"Don't you not understand?" He asked looking at his sheep.

Little Sheep pondered the question for a while and then with two innocent eyes stared at his Shepherd blankly.
"Unlike the other sheeps we lost along the way because they refused to return when they had tasted the other grass, you returned." 
Little Sheep tilted his head, "You mean?"

The Shepherd nodded.
"You understood your fault. And there's nothing I need to say to scold you."

Little Sheep looked at his shepherd before he threw a glance at his flocks.
"You mean...I am still part of the team?"

The Shepherd smiles.
"There is nothing better than to see my sheep coming back to me. Especially when they do it on their own.'

Little Sheep's face lit up at the approval of his master, but then, remembering what he had done, his face began to gloom.
"But...I am greyed. The poison had made my wool turned to grey. The others...they...they might made fun of me. And the predators, they may recognized me and eat me up."

"Little Sheep." The Shepherd called out sternly but kindly. "don't you want to be white again?" He asked.

Staring at the grey wools around his skin, Little Sheep nodded.
"Then stay close to Me. I'll make you as white as the others."

Little Grey Sheep with sparkles and tears in his eyes leapt with joy to the open arms of His Good Shepherd who then carried him on His shoulder as they walked towards the waiting flock.


"I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent."  Jesus Christ (Luke 15:7)

~The End~

Story Written by:
Yuliana Kasman





2 comments:

Rillalalala~ said...

I almost dropped my tear reading this.. Thx for sharing this story yull :) keep it upp! God bless yaa :)

Rillalalala~ said...

I almost dropped my tear reading this.. Thx for sharing this story yull :) keep it upp! God bless yaa :)