Monday, August 13, 2012

Blogging!!!!

BLOGGING!!!!!!!!

Guess that will be my opening for today's post. LOL.
Let's see how long have I not been posting?
Since March! Not including the fictional stories I've posted for entertainment.

WOW!
Anyway, where should I start?
Many things had happened. And when I said that, it really means, Many many.
A lot of things.

First of, probably the 2 good news that I have not been posting.

1. I'm finally back on the road to study again!!!! and though it was just a 6 times courses, but unlike any other courses I've ever attended, I believe this course is going to be a life-changing (or rather it has been) learning experience for me not only for the time being, or at a specific time or a place, but for anywhere, anytime, all my life!

And that course is.....OLD TESTAMENT SURVEY 1! conducted by Singapore Bible College for lay-christians to deepen, rooten, improven their biblical knowledge.
And I am so glad that after many many moments of thinking and planning and discussing (with my parents) and wondering and questionings, FINALLY!!! I am able to send in my application online and in a few hours time, an email sent back to me to say that my registration is APPROVED! (Praise the Lord!)

And then, then then...after finally making all the required readings for what is expected for the class, when it's going to start etc. etc. I am currently on my forth week and lesson with the school!

So, I am really looking forward to my next class this coming thursday.

2. Next biggy news that happened, a few weeks ago, I was offered a job vacancy at Raffles Hospital as the company's International Patient Centre. I was leaping with glee at the sound of the offer as I am seriously, desperately in need of work right now, well not because I am broke, though some part of it is true. But it is also because I rather be working and enhance some more skills before all my skills learned in school are all gone and forgotten.

And also, with the salary I earned, I will be able to 'feed' myself with the payment of my next semester's course which will begin somewhere in september. So the idea of me paying my own thing with my own money, vavavooom!!! just sounds pretty cool and amazing.

Especially when it is meant for a good payment. :) ;)

Coming close after that, huahaha I just got myself a nice phone with a nice camera lens and as a result....NICE PICTURES! Thus, for my second trip to Medan this year, I was more than elated when I saw all the pictures taken with my long distance families looked so damn AMAAAAZING!!!!
 And just for your record, the phone is called Samsung Galaxy III.

Talking about Medan...heee it won't be too far away from knitting.

This year, for my knitting projects :) :) :) I have been glad that I was able to make a beautiful two colours beannie for my baby Cousin.

It was done with bella baby (sugar) 4 ply yarn 
100% Australian wool
with 4mm circular needles

and

A pattern which I design myself.

hahaha.

Guess all knitters would be able to make this anyway. so save that part.

Anyway, just glad that I was able to make a beannie. And how easy it was to make a circle with the 'MAGIC' circular needles!
Like seriously, I really thanked whoever invented the circular needles as it makes knitting so much fun and easier.

Besides making a successful hat which was welcomed with open hands and blissful smile, I am also glad to learn and mastered up the technique of making sweet booties for the little cherubs.




The pattern was designed by my aunt and mentor (who taught me how to knit) and I was glad that for the one week trip to Medan, I was able to learn up one more skills. :)

For this booties, I made use of a wool blend yarn from bella baby, with 50% Merino and 50% Polymide.
Overall pattern was done in Garter Stitch and the bow was done using crochet (chain) method.


Knitting is soooooooo fun!

And I hope that if I really am accepted to work in the hospital, I will be able to send some of my knitted products for some patients who need it to keep their babies warm. Or even sharing some love for the children-cancer patients to keep their heads warm and stylish.

HMMM...guess that's gonna be all for today's post.

Hopefully I will come back again for more updates.

Take care now. Bye Bye then. :)


Love and Peace,
Yuliana



No comments: