Sunday, June 29, 2008

till we meet again


I looked at the picture before me
The picture which shows the whole family
He sat in the centre
Dark blue suit and hair neatly comb to the back
His eyes reflect the light of a wise man
A man that is so independent and full of knowledge
Behind those wrinkled face, lies a handsome man
Who once “conquered “the country with his camera, before transferring it in ink
I looked at the house which contains full memory of him
I wonder how long till we meet again
I close my eyes and images of him began to flood
The way he stood by the door waiting for our arrival whenever we came
The way he stood so firmly that his back shows the comfort he gave to his family all these while
The way he smiled whenever we amused him with our stories
But above all the way he loved us the way we are as his grandchildren
I will never forget those images of him
Images of him as he read and write, which after sometime inspired me to be one
This man with such great images and great ambitions had been a great man once
And this man is none other than my grandfather
“I love you grandpa, till we meet again”

3 comments:

J4D3L1N said...

Yu, sweet and simple..
tears just rose up from me when i read it..
i guess..because we felt the same..

Yuliana Kasman said...

haha ok tats good...
lol pertamanya gua udah kira mau make a long story, cuman kayanya udah ngga usah deh

hehe
tanks

~~Marcia~~ said...

hmmm......rasanya skrg lu change gaya nulis lu ya jd pendek pendek. mirip lit short story jdnya