Thursday, July 3, 2008

Every Moment Counts


I sat in the taxi, with my fingers pressed against my nose
My chest was hardened; I could hardly breathe
My mind went wild.
The world seems to swirl around me but I don’t even bother to think about it
In front, the driver seems to be saying something to me
His lips moved in fast motion as he uttered every word out of his mouth
However, I hardly figure out a word.
“Could you just get me there? Please!!! QUICKLY !!!” I commanded in distress
As I breathe in as many air as possible to relax my tense lungs, I found myself sighing even more.
The moment I stepped into the hospital, I found myself running in a dash rather than walking
As I run, I could feel my heart thumped like crazy as the clock ticks away
I wish it was not too late
As they saw me came running, they immediately grabbed hold of me, asking me to relax
Everything will be alright
With all my might I tried to calm myself and think of the positive side.
An Hour past when a loud cry could be heard from the inside I was slightly relieved
At least she is no longer in pain.
The doctor announced that “it was a boy” and “both mother and son had overcome the critical times…now they are alright.”
Immediately I heaved out a sigh of relief.
Fortunately, I didn’t miss it, or I will never forgive myself.
At times like this, it is better if we didn’t miss it, as every moment’s counts.

1 comment:

J4D3L1N said...

It's nice..like I said you should write short stories rather than a long chapter.

The thing that I don't quiet understand is why must the person pressed his nose while rushing to the hospital? but is the character the father? or a relative?

Other than that, it was a nice short story. Keep it up..