Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Sorry


I looked at his stooped shoulder and sad eyes
I felt terrible
As he turned around reluctantly I saw tear at the corner of his eye
Immediately, he gave me a weak smiled and faced his back to me
Over his shoulder; as he stared aimlessly into the dark sky he repeated his confession
Ending the heavy sentence with “forever I will love you…even if I need to wait for a thousand times”
And left without turning back ….

I stood motionless until the figure disappear into the night
“Sorry” seems to be the hardest word; though it means to be the best word to fill in the blank
In the silence of the night I imagine him crying, pouring his heart out of his misery
I wonder if I had hurt him so badly.
In the night, I reminisce the moment we spent together as a friend
His laughter
His smile
His gentle voice as he speaks and sings
His kindness
His patience
As well as the look of his eyes that dances every time he laughed.

His every memories seems to replay in my head
And I wonder are we going to continue those moments anymore
Never in my entire years with him have I seen him so sad and horrible.
I know it will be hard for him to move on
And it will be hard for us to get back to how we use to be
But I know that this is the best thing to say to him
Rather than hurting him even more with those long waiting of fruitless hope…

How I wish I wasn’t the one he chose to love…than perhaps things would have been better.

No comments: