Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Wanna Make a Change?

These days I have been thinking a lot about buying books to help the children of Africa to learn, by donating the books to the South Africa Mobile Library Project, which started from the beginning of this month till the end of the month.
Frankly, speaking the day I got the link from my lecturer, Nisar, I was moved to help, though in a certain point of time, the devil side of me was thinking that it will be a good chance for shelves clearance as well...(hehe)

However, as I made my way to Popular bookstore these few days, and saw the promotion that they offered on the children books section, written by Enid Blyton, a thought came to my mind and firstly, I realised how much I missed reading children's story books, all about pixies and goblins and elves and animals that can talk, and all the world of fantasy and innocence.
Therefore, as I was happy to think about my childhood, I decided to take one of the books and read it...as I read and read and realised a curved beginning to form in the corner of my lips, I realised, how selfish and pathetic I had been thinking.

I realised that those children, deserves a chance to be happy as they read the books given to them. As they hold the books in between their fingers.
Those children deserves to feel happy as they entered the world of fantasy as each pages brought them from one world to another. And I realised I have to do something more than just giving old books, because they DESERVE TO have the same HAPPINESS AND POSITIVE REMINISENCE about the books and fairy tales that they read when they were young.
As the stories left an impressions or rather a deep impact in their mind.

Thus, I decided to cast away all my selfish thoughts and focus on giving the best that I have to give and to do it not only generously, but also with a pure heart that really pours out the real sincerity in me.

So, I went back to Popular again today, and had a 'book review' about which story are the ones that is suitable for the targetted children of Africa, aged 6-14 and even decided to buy some children classics that I have read before such as Jules Verne, 'Around the World in Eighty Days' which is like so cool and enchanting a story that made me hook on it and finished it in three days without dreading it; and 'The Adventure of Wizard of OZ' which was so well known and full of magical, and whimsical elements that shows an unusual way of friendships; as well as 'A little Princess' which was so beautifully crafted that it made me able to visualize the whole situation of old London.

Somehow, I feel that it will be good to let the children learn some classic stories so that they could get expose to the world outside and in the same time being exposed to the world of imagination of places and charms. And as these books are somewhat like a classic literature kind of books, it will help in their learning of English Language as well.

So, I bought the books, without much considerations and made the commitment to send it over, as I imagine the smile of the people who will receive it. It made me glad and It made me have no regrets.

Anyway, as I made my way home, I felt so happy for being able to make a difference in other people's lives. I feel so glad that eventually I managed to contribute something to the people across the globe. And I feel glad for being able to make the promise that I made with God come true. hehe...

Yeah, I did made a promised with God once that if I have a certain amount of fortune that I can share it to the people who need it more than me, I will. And I'm happy today, to be able to make that promise come true...hehe and of course, I wish that I can be able to share more.

Anyway, hehe thank God for waiting....
and now, I'm just hoping that it will work and the books can be send successfully to the exact place. Thus, got to inspect the place tomorrow, and do some questioning, hehe before I come back again and surrender all the gifts that I have for the children. =)

Well for those of you who happen to past by my blog, and read up this entry, do not turn a blind eyes okay, do help out as well in making a difference for the African Children as they educate themselves with English, and do it with a big heart on board... =)

*Your prayers for this event to work will also do a lot of help.
So DO SOMETHNG TOO ALRIGHT! NOW THAT YOU KNOW IT!
remember, want to make a change should start from the man/ woman in the mirror.
IT STARTS FROM YOU!

Peace,
Me =)

http://www.sony.com.sg/article/327899/section/events (for more details about the donations)

No comments: